Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Well trained but poorly educated

David Ruccio's post on Brad DeLong confessions about his past favoring financial deregulation is not far from what I wanted to say.  I am, however, more impressed by the a-critical acceptance in the mainstream of whatever their teachers tell them. I agree with Minsky, who said that:
"If I had my way the standard American course in economics would be eliminated and economics would be introduced in the context of social sciences and history. The current American way of teaching economics leads to American economists who are well trained but poorly educated" (Minsky,6 2009, p. 194)
The only question is well trained in what?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Atonella Stirarti's Godley-Tobin Lecture

There was a problem during the 7th Godley-Tobin Lecture. I disconnected everyone when I was trying to fix a problem with Professor Stirati&#...